Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Family Dollar

This is my first Family Dollar trip! Let's break it down.
  • Clariol Balsam Color: Regular $3, sale $2.50, used $5 off when you buy 2 from 3-7 PG, final free
  • Reese Dark: Regular 65 cents, sale two for $1, used 2-55 cents off from 3-14 S, they price adjusted down the coupon to 50 cents, there were two when I left the store, but one disappeared on the trip back, final free
  • Snuggle: Regular or maybe sale price of $3 for 70 count sheets, used $3 off from 3-28 RP, final free

Everything was free, but I paid like 88 cents in tax.

The check out process was really strange. There were two cashiers working, one was running the register, the other was just kind of hanging out up front. (there were 3 customers in the whole store, including me.) My checker was very nice, but when I handed her the coupons after she rang everything up, she looked a bit "deer-in-the-headlights". She had to enter each coupon in by scrolling through her screen, locating the item, the manually entering in the amount. So with the buy 2 get $5 off, she had to enter $2.50 by each of the hair dyes. It took a bit of time, but she was really nice about it. The other cashier that was doing nothing got a little snarky at my 55 cents off when the item was only 50 cents. But I got all my free stuff, and I was happy. I have no idea what would happen if they would have to do the stacking a manufacturer coupon with their store coupons.....

Anyone else ever try couponing at Family Dollar? The deals were great, I'd do it again. I was by myself, having Connor with could have made that a nuclear situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment