Monday, April 12, 2010

Suncrest Farms (formally Smith Gardens)

Anyone heard of CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Vegetable Subscriptions? It is a group of local farmers that raise fruits and veggies, and drop off a vegetable share every week. I am going to do a 1/2 share this summer. I had a friend, Anna Kelner, do it last year. Here is a bit about what she has to say about the program:


"We loved it. I think it made me way more adventurous when it came to food choices and gave me wonderful ideas on how to prepare some delicious tasting veggies. They give you recipe ideas, but the really cool thing, at least for me, was it helped me to step outside the recipe and just try other things instead of just following 1-2-3 on the recipe. If I have X veggie, that might make this dish even better. I loved the chance to cut the vegetables up. I found it be very soothing and the boys would climb up next to me (out of the way of the knife) and just talk as I worked on dinner. I can’t recommend it highly enough."


If you are interested, please check out their web-site for more info:

http://www.suncrestgardensfarm.com/12873.html

I spoke to Heather, the owner, and she said spots are nearly filled up already, SO HURRY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment