Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Great American Apparel Diet


I read about this in Time magazine. It's no buying any clothes for a year. I have a serious shopping problem. It's not that I am spending money I can't afford, just that I am buying things I don't need. I really have over 15 pairs of jeans, tanks in every color, a dozen work out pants, rainbows of sweaters, a swim suit for every day of the week, more hoodies than the Unabomber. Don't get me started on the purse rack. No more, no purses, no jeans, no shoes, no boots, no coats.

So, I think I am going to try it. I will buy no more clothes, for the rest of the year. Exceptions of what I can still buy:
  • Underwear
  • $50 worth of stuff from Express, as I have a gift card for that amount
  • A new pair of sneakers, when mine wear out, I'm a YMCA junky
  • Hats and Sunglasses (dollar tree ones, of course)
  • Socks
  • Headbands
  • I am still accepting gifts of clothing

No comments:

Post a Comment