Thursday, January 20, 2011

Clothing Storage

I recently consulted with some friends about "how much is too much" when it comes to kids clothes, buying in advance and storage. My friend Jen over at Iheartorganizing has answer the amount portion, but I can't turn down the deal. Those 75% off long-sleeved shirts at Target, the 2for1 Crocs, the 10 cent Children's Place garage sale pants, the clearance rack at TJ Maxx....you know you do it too.

This is my current set up for future clothes, it takes up a whole closet. Shoes and Undies on the top shelf in baskets. Left to right increasing size, sorted by season. All jackets are on the far far right.

On the bottom, right now, I only have one tote. And in that tote are new jeans and new swimwear. Old Navy had kids jeans for $5 a pop, and they come in slimmer, adjustable waist band sizes, so perfect for my skinny guy. And that is why I have a dozen pair (just kidding only 6 or 7. Probably 7).
This is where Connor stores his clothes that fit him right now. In a giant armoire. The black Yafa block on the right has his bedding and bath towels. The basket on top of the Yafa houses his undies and socks. I bought the armoire at Kmart for $69 (mega clearance), Yafa at Kmart in 1999, and basket at Shopko.


So, how far do you buy in advance? Are you organized with it? Can you say "no thank you" to those 10 cent pants? When did you kids decide to pick out their own clothes?

I found that I could buy Halloween costumes in advance, up until this year, when Connor was 3 years 8 months. He desperately wanted to be Daphne, but had to be the Old Navy Lion I had bought the previous year on clearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment